Effective Date: March 26, 2015
- The information we collect on or through the Services and how we collect it.
- How we use and process the information we collect.
If you have not done so already, please also review our Terms of Service (“Terms”). The Terms contain provisions that limit our liability to you and require you to resolve any dispute with us through final and binding arbitration on an individual basis and not as part of any class or representative action.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify a specific person. Your Personal Information includes: (1) contact information that you provide when you register (such as your e-mail address, telephone number, employer or business name and delivery address); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your zip code); and (3) certain Usage Data, such as the IP address from which you access the Services (as further discussed in Section 3.b. below) If you communicate with us through our Contact Form or by e-mail, letter or other means, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
“General Information” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, cannot be used to identify him or her, such as browser type, operating system and the dates/times of Services access.
Personal Information and General Information may be linked together. Different types of General Information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person.
Cellaria does not collect or have access to the credit card information that you use to purchase Cellaria’s products. Your credit card information is provided to and processed through a payment gateway operated by Authorize.net. For more information about Authorize.net and its privacy practices, please go to https://www.authorize.net/
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
a. Information that You Provide to Cellaria: You may provide us with your Personal Information when you create an account, contact us for information about our products and services or otherwise voluntarily supply your Personal Information to us. We may collect information, some of which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
b. Information that We Collect When You Use the Services: When you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain information about how you interact with the Services, such as (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (iv) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (v) statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services; and (vi) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services (collectively, “Usage Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Usage Data is Personal Information and some is General Information.
c. Information Collected from Other Sources: Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) from you and share it with us. For example, we use Authorize.net processes credit card payments and we also may email service providers that help us send our newsletters or administer our other communications and marketing programs.
4. HOW WE USE, SHARE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
a. How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect or that you provide to us to operate, maintain and enhance the Services, including:
- To present the Services to you and to customize, improve and develop content and functionality that helps us better serve your needs;
- To operate our business and provide services and products requested by you, such as Account services and Order History;
- For customer service and to troubleshoot problems with your Account or other features of the Services;
- To facilitate communication between Cellaria and you;
- To prevent, detect and investigate prohibited or illegal activities, such as claims of copyright infringement and security breaches;
- To send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you, such as news about our products and services;
- To generate statistical information about how users interact with the Services and conduct analyses to support, improve and enhance the Services;
- To carry out our obligations and protect our legal rights arising from sale of our products and any contract between you and Cellaria, including our Terms of Service
- To protect the safety, security and legal rights of other users of the Services;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information to us or to which you consent.
b. How We Share and Disclose Information
We may share and disclose information:
- With third party service providers that we retain to perform functions on our behalf and that have access to Personal Information in order to perform their functions, such as credit card processing, shipping services, web hosting, data analyses, technology and data service providers;
- To enforce our agreements with other users or third parties;
- For the protection, safety and security of users and the Services;
- To comply with a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection, law enforcement or government agency or other legal or regulatory process; and
- If we believe you have or are violating our Terms of Service or to protect or defend Cellaria’s rights or property, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order.
5. HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS; DATA COLLECTION TOOLS
a. How We Respond to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, we and many website operators do not respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
b. Data Collection Tools. The Services may from time to time use technology that collects information about your use of the Services, such as cookies and web beacons (“Data Collection Tools”). These Data Collection Technologies are provided by us and third parties to track the actions of users of the Services and to measure statistics about use of the Services that can help to consumer experience on the Services. Data Collection Tools also may collect information about your activities when you leave the Services and visit other sites on the Internet.
c. Interest-Based Advertisements. Cellaria currently does not engage in interest-based advertising but may do so in the future. We will notify users of the Services if and when Cellaria uses interest-based advertising. For more information about interest-based advertising, please see www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.
Please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Tools on the Services which may collect information about your use of the Services.
6. INFORMATION PROTECTION
Cellaria has implemented safeguards intended to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. We also strive to ensure that our agents, contractors and business partners that have access to information in connection with providing services for Cellaria protect your information. But, while we work hard to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO CELLARIA IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you use the Internet or store information on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
Please note that our shopping cart and credit card processing services are provided by Authorize.net. Cellaria does not store, process or transmit any of your credit card data but relies entirely on Authorize.net to handle these functions.
7. LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES
8. THE SERVICES ARE NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. To use the Services, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence. All information provided to Cellaria is treated as if provided by an adult.
If we learn that a minor has submitted information about himself/herself to us, we delete it as soon as possible. If you believe that we have collected Personal Information from a minor, please Contact Us.
9. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS INFORMATION
California residents are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information:
- i. The Services are owned and/or operated by Cellaria Biosciences, LLC, 26 Bennett Road, Boxford, MA 01921
- ii. Unless otherwise expressly stated, the Services are provided without charge.
- iii. To file a complaint regarding any of the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please send a letter to Cellaria Biosciences, LLC, Attn: Legal, 26 Bennett Road, Boxford, MA 01921 or use our Contact Form. You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210.
For information about Cellaria’s shipping, return and refund policies, please click here.
For information about how the Services respond to Do Not Track signals, please see Section 5.
10. HOW TO CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To request corrections, amendments or deletions to any Personal Information that you have provided through the Services, please update your Account and use our Contact Form. Cellaria will use reasonable efforts to supply you with requested Personal Information and correct any factual inaccuracy or delete your Personal Information from our databases. To honor your request, we will need the exact information that you wish to correct, amend or delete.
Connect With Us
Learn more about how Cellaria can help transform your research efficacy.