We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist or Research Associate with interests in cutting edge cell culture techniques to join our Cancer Biology team. This position will involve the development, scale-up/banking and characterization of new disease models as well as the implementation of cell-based assays. Will be responsible for performing research and development experiments for projects and products in collaboration with others. Will need to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Must be organized, highly collaborative, self-motivated, results focused, team-oriented, have excellent attention to detail, as well as excellent communication and computer skills.
Minimum requirements: BS/MS degree or equivalent in cell biology, molecular biology or a similar discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years’ related laboratory experience. A successful applicant will require proficiency handling all aspects of mammalian cell culture and sterile technique, as well as some knowledge of molecular techniques. Experience with in vitro cell systems in an industrial setting is preferred. Familiarity with hPSC culture is a plus.
- Culture a variety of cell types across different plate formats, culture environments and media conditions
- Maintain, expand, characterize and QC active cell banks
- Responsible for optimizing and performing experiments with cell based systems, including testing and validating new approaches for cell culture methods and product development
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, work quickly and accurately, and complete tasks in a self-motivated and organized manner
- Requires excellent organizational skills including the management of data relating to all aspects of the lab
- Must be able to respond to direction as provided, and work well within a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to assist in preparation of technical documentation
Senior Scientist, Stem Cell Program
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist with interests in cutting edge stem cell biology techniques to join our Stem Cell Program. In this role the Senior Scientist will plan, initiate, direct and execute scientific services and research and development projects that are critical to corporate strategies and goals. This role has primary responsibility for the daily operation of Cellaria’s Stem Cell Program, including acting as the key technical lead on stem cell service projects for meeting technical and schedule commitments. Both Service and R&D projects require extensive knowledge of advanced principles in stem cell biology therefore the candidate is expected to maintain a broad knowledge and awareness of relevant techniques and research findings in the general field of stem cell biology, but more specifically for stem cell culture and maintenance, cellular reprogramming and cellular differentiation of pluripotent stem cells. The Senior Scientist will also be expected to participate in the generation and presentation of peer-reviewed publications, scientific patent applications and marketing literature. Additional responsibilities will include being cross-trained in the protocols and techniques relevant to Cellaria’s Cancer Program. In this role the Senior Scientist will interface with scientific advisory board members, various Cellaria departments, collaborators while acting as an advisor to top management and customers on advanced technical research studies and projects.
- Scalable culture and maintenance of human pluripotent stem cells (ES/iPS cells) under a variety of culture conditions (feeder-free and xeno-free).
- Generation and characterization of human iPS cell lines from a primary cell types (including fibroblasts and endothelial cells) using RNA-mediated cellular reprogramming technologies.
- Establishment of primary cell cultures from human biospecimens such as skin punch biopsies and blood.
- Differentiation of pluripotent stem cell lines (ES/iPS) to specified lineages and cell types including cardiomyocytes, hepatocytes and neural subtypes.
- Prepare project outlines, quotations and reports for service clients.
- Develop and manage research plans and project timelines for R&D activities aimed at expanding our product and service portfolio.
Education and Qualifications
- BS degree in the life sciences. MS/PhD preferred. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of hands on laboratory experience in stem cell culture, cellular reprogramming, cellular differentiation and associated analytical techniques (6 – 10 years preferred).
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual who has the ability to think independently and creatively to develop service project plans with clients and internal R&D projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both internal preservation and internal/external presentation of scientific findings.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends to support stem cell culture activities.
- Must have proven organization (time management and prioritization) skills.
- Must have proven project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
Connect With Us
Learn more about how Cellaria can help transform your research efficacy.