We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist or Research Associate with interests in cutting edge cell culture techniques to join our Cancer Biology team. This position will involve the development, scale-up/banking and characterization of new disease models as well as the implementation of cell-based assays. Will be responsible for performing research and development experiments for projects and products in collaboration with others. Will need to prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Must be organized, highly collaborative, self-motivated, results focused, team-oriented, have excellent attention to detail, as well as excellent communication and computer skills.
Minimum requirements: BS/MS degree or equivalent in cell biology, molecular biology or a similar discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years’ related laboratory experience. A successful applicant will require proficiency handling all aspects of mammalian cell culture and sterile technique, as well as some knowledge of molecular techniques. Experience with in vitro cell systems in an industrial setting is preferred. Familiarity with hPSC culture is a plus.
- Culture a variety of cell types across different plate formats, culture environments and media conditions
- Maintain, expand, characterize and QC active cell banks
- Responsible for optimizing and performing experiments with cell based systems, including testing and validating new approaches for cell culture methods and product development
- Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, work quickly and accurately, and complete tasks in a self-motivated and organized manner
- Requires excellent organizational skills including the management of data relating to all aspects of the lab
- Must be able to respond to direction as provided, and work well within a team-oriented environment
- Must be able to assist in preparation of technical documentation
Connect With Us
Learn more about how Cellaria can help transform your research efficacy.